eCommerce Product Manager
Central Employment are recruiting an eCommerce Product Manager on behalf of a leading digital print firm Printed.com based in central London.
The Product Manager will be the internal and external champion for a product range. This role is all about providing the big picture vision of a product range and have the drive to make the vision a reality. The person in this role will need to be business and process savvy, to make new product launches be a hit with our customers and colleagues.
Without a doubt monitoring sales performance and customers buying behaviour are required to provide product portfolio development and management of a profitable product range.
This role, whilst delivering a best in class product range for our customers, will work closely with Commercial to source new suppliers, with the Customer Service team to obtain feedback and our Development team to make visible and available to buy on the website.
This role is integral to developing the business. It will communicate with all areas of the company; work with commercial counterparts to define price; marketing to help understand positioning, benefits and target customer; UX to find effective flow to conversion and Engineering for product loading and reporting.
The position will play the lead role in developing new products, from existing ideas, from new ideas and feedback from customers. Product range development will help keep our customers returning to printed.com.
- Be an active member of the Product-Marketing team sharing customer feedback, knowledge and insights
- Ensure Customer Services and Manufacturing suppliers are regularly updated on progress of joint projects
- Research market by attending relevant exhibitions and industry events to seek out new materials
- In regular contact with paper mills to keep ahead of new paper products
- In regular contact with manufacturing to understand new product potential
- Additionally, review potential partner relationships for product sourcing to establish most effective and efficient production method
- Work with Commercial to negotiate the best deal
- Specifying requirements for current and future products by collating customer feedback
- Understanding of competitor pricing for selected products
- Work with commercial to provide costs so that a competitive price proposal is approved
- Driving a product launch plan and influencing Commercial, Marketing, UX, Development/ Engineering on product specification, reporting requirements, positioning, pricing, packaging and marketing plan
- Developing and implementing go-to-market plan and ongoing reporting to track performance
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Communication skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to travel
- Product Management experience
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Intermediate user of excel
- Passion for print
- Knowledgeable in print