Audit Manager, Birmingham
Haig&Co have been engaged to help find an Audit Manager for a leading utilities business based in Birmingham.
The Audit Manager is responsible for the complete reporting for the business in terms of operational, financial, regulatory and compliance, making sure that all appropriate regulations are adhered to.
- Full comprehensive planning of financial, regulatory, compliance and operational reviews and audits
- Making sure all risk, legal and compliance controls are up to date and effective in line with internal and external procedures
- Working closely with the IT and development organisations to implement computer based audit techniques and to encourage best practice in the tracking and logging of actions within systems
- Liaising with senior management to help shape business direction and key operational business decisions
- Conducting risk assessments and verify appropriate controls through testing and analysis
- Contributing towards year-end financial audit with external auditor
- Other ad hoc duties
Personal Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountancy professional (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or Audit professional (IIA)
- Strong knowledge of business operations within a heavy regulatory environment, preferably in a utilities business or similar
- Up to date knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and International Auditing Standards
- Ideally with experience of implementing and making use of IT based audit techniques
- A process driven individual with a meticulous attention to detail and thorough attitude to reporting
- Excellent leadership and management abilities
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- A team player with excellent written and oral communication
On offer is the chance to work with as part of a fast-developing and highly skilled finance team, along with an attractive salary and benefits scheme to match.