Hydrologist with Project Management Experience
Salary: £25,000.00 - £35,000.00 per annum
Our client is looking to recruit a qualified Project Manager with a hydrology background to work in Glasgow.
The position will offer the right individual the opportunity to work for a well-established and growing environmental consultancy. The successful candidate will work on projects including residential schemes, infrastructure and energy projects. You will be given plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and expertise through ongoing mentoring and training.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with a high degree of independence as well as in teams. They are preferably seeking someone to aid the expansion and development of the team/business. The role will ideally suit an individual with experience of leading projects and multi-disciplinary teams.
Job Description & Duties
- Project Management and delivery of EIAs and Environmental reports
- Co-coordinating in-house consultants, liaising with clients and stakeholders
- Organising, conducting site visits, team meetings and scheduling work
- Tendering and Business Development
- Successful delivery of Flood Risk Assessment, SuDs design, etc.
- Undertaking extensive modelling work and report writing
- Relevant hydrology qualification as well as being chartered or working towards chartership (preferably ICE)
- 1 year+ experience completing Flood Risk Assessments, Surface Water Management Plans or Hydraulic Modelling using Flood Modeller Pro, HEC-RAS, or similar programme.
- Demonstrable experience of the successful delivery and management of projects
- Good knowledge and understanding of UK legislation
- The successful candidate will be required to produce reports for clients, so attention to detail, reliability, and good organisational skills are essential.
- Significant proofing, editing and report collation experience is also required.
- Tendering Experience Experienced in GIS and other software packages
- Must be flexible and willing to travel therefore you will require a driving licence for this position.
- Master’s degree relevant to hydrology or Environmental Management Experience in any or all of the following hydraulic modelling packages: Infoworks CS / Infoworks ICM / Flood Modeller Pro / Tuflow / Micro Drainage Strong scientific and engineering knowledge in relation to hydrology Strong track record of writing great proposals and winning business
If you are able to show the relevant experience obtained from a similar role then please apply!