Business Development Manager
Our client is one of the world's leading business news and information organisations and are also a global market leader in Non-Executive Director (NED) education.
A fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager has arisen where you will be primarily responsible for the continual growth of NED revenues.
The organisation has been providing high quality workshops with the highest calibre of speakers for 15 years. In 2011 it launched the first ever formal qualification specifically for Non-Executive Directors. In just 5 years, over 800 senior executives have taken part in the programme and it is fast becoming known as an essential accreditation for anyone looking to embark on a portfolio career.
The right person will be professional, highly articulate, personable, passionate about the product and incredibly hard working. They are looking for someone who can work in a friendly and dynamic culture and who is able to hold their own in conversations with c-suite executives both on the telephone and face to face at events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- Selling delegate places on the Non-Exec Directors Diploma
- Selling delegate places on NED events
- Selling bespoke NED training and learning products to businesses
- Selling sponsorship of events and relevant NED products
- Building partnerships with relevant 3rd parties to sell on their events and diploma
- Attending and networking at all NED events throughout the year (evenings)
- Possess very strong sales ability with excellent communication skills and a solid track record
- Have a minimum of 18 months sales experience ideally selling events or memberships.
- Have excellent networking skills with the ability to work a room.
- Work well individually while fitting in with the team
- Have a super confident and friendly manner
- Have the ability to work under pressure to achieve sales targets
- Be self-motivated, organised and able to offer solutions to problems
- Be results driven
In return they will give you;
- A competitive salary and bonus/commission scheme
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- Central London office
- Excellent benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after 2 years
- Subsidised gym membership
- Pension plan (company will double your contribution up to a maximum of 16%)
- Season ticket loan
- Private Healthcare / Dental plan
- Bike to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers