£26,000 - £33,000 + £3,700 Car Allowance
About the Client
My client has been managing high quality affordable housing in Sussex and Hampshire for over 15 years. They are always striving to deliver excellent levels of customer care and are passionate about continually improving our homes and services.
About the Role
They are looking to source an enthusiastic, dynamic and proactive Building Surveyor to join their asset management team as they strive to deliver their customer focused approach. They look to provide great technical advice, quality assurance, customer satisfaction and value for money.
* Monitor contractor performance via the agreed quality assurance process and contract management framework procedure
* Prepare contract performance summaries to include technical and customer care requirements
* Carry out inspections and ensure any technical or quality issues are identified and resolved in the required timescales
* Ensure any actions following fire risk assessments are completed with Scheme Managers/ Housing Managers
* Validate stock condition and planned programme information ensuring information is current and update relevant systems
* Take responsibility for ensuring any complaints or property issues are managed in the required timescales engaging the contractor if applicable
* Focus on customer care, be empathic to customers' needs and ensure they have a positive experience.
* Liaise directly with the specific contractor on any customer issues
* Confirm with customers the works required from any technical reports
* Keep residents informed and updated at all times of any relevant changes to or progress on the programme of works
* Record all your contacts with customers using the CRM system and provide telephone support as agreed with the team
* Manage leaseholder consultations regarding programmes of work in line with Section 20 consultation requirements
* Manage all major responsive maintenance repairs and planned works in a specified geographical area
* Manage invoicing and tender applications when requested
* Provide monthly reports on contractor performance to the Programme and Contracts Manager within agreed deadlines
* Carry out stock condition surveys and upload to the database
* Ensure contractors are informed of any non-compliance issues and take appropriate action
* Provide a proactive response to structural repair and general property safety enquiries and ensure there is a satisfactory resolution
* Provide support for asbestos management when requested carrying out re-inspections at times
* Develop effective working relationships and sharing of best practice with colleagues and other property professionals
* Contribute as a team member to process improvements and continuous development
* Attend stage meetings of new development projects and provide technical advice as required
I am looking to speak with people who have -
* BTEC Higher National Diploma in Building Studies, or equivalent
* A good knowledge of construction technology
* Knowledge of property information databases
* Good IT and report writing skills
You need to be self-motivated with a keen interest in social housing, lots of energy and enthusiasm, a good team player with strong people, communication, planning and organising skills. You also need to be committed to ensuring that service standards and customer satisfaction are achieved.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.