My client is seeking a dynamic and experienced New Product Development Technician to join their busy NPD team.
Role & Responsibilities
As a New Product development technician your responsibilities include conceptual design and initial design layout of new products, meeting both the functional and cost requirements of the design brief.
Further responsibilities will include providing solutions to problems and investigating and implementing design improvements to achieve product enhancements and cost savings, and providing technical support for all areas of the business.
- Design a variety of new products from design briefs through to prototype development and into the market place.
- Working to tight deadlines in this fast moving environment.
- Pro-active in your approach, and the ability to work on your and with in a team.
- Providing design solutions for individual customer requirements.
- Direct involvement with materials and processes for manufacturing
- Providing technical support for all areas of the business.
- Liaising with external sources to expand your technical knowledge.
- Investigating and implementing design improvements to achieve product enhancements and to rectify premature failure.
- Researching new materials and design techniques
- Good house keeping of all NPD documentation this includes, Bills of materials, Product special requests, Technical specification documents, drilling drawings, and product change notices,
- Training out and presenting new products via presentations to groups.
- Construction off prototypes for testing and analysis.
- AutoCAD experience
- A good understanding of engineering processes would be an advantage.
- Experience with Solid edge software would be an advantage.
- Good time management skills are essential in order to control all documentation required to complete projects on schedule.
- Attention to detail is needed to ensure all NPD documentation is up to date with relevant changes
- A hands-on approach to construct prototypes for testing, presenting or analysis.
- A dynamic and passionate approach is required to provide product designs that improve and aid manufacturing processes.
- A "can do" positive attitude and definitely not a 9-5 mentality.
- A good understanding of the group’s manufacturing processes and product range would be an advantage.
- A general all round ability to communicate on all levels, apply there technical knowledge to solutions and introduction of new products, and envisage there design ideas from drawings, to prototype through to manufacture.
The office hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, overtime may be required at which no additional payment will be made, 25 days annual leave, a company pension, free on-site parking, canteen facilities.
This is awn excellent opportunity to join a progressive and innovative firm that offers excellent career opportunities.