Service Engineer - Compressed Air
We specialise in the repair of screw type compressors who work with the majority of major air compressor distributors.
You will be responsible for repairing all types of air ends, blowers and similar equipment as found in industrial and mobile air compressors. You will be workshop based and will not be expected to travel.Responsibilities
- Inspection, evaluation and cleaning of incoming air ends
- Document evaluation and support report preparation with suitable written notes
- Repair and rebuild air ends using own experience as well as supervision/instruction from the General Manager
- Test, paint, despatch as required
- Additional responsibilities (subject to incumbent's skills) weld repair and fabrication, compressor service, repair of similar equipment, forklift operation
Compensation & Benefits
- £21,500 - £24,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 38 hours per week over 4 ½ days,
- Pension scheme with Company contribution
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- 25 days holiday in addition to 8 statutory holidays
- Bonus scheme
Experience and skill set
- The candidate must have minimum 3-5 years equipment maintenance, air compressor or pump service. Specific experience in the overhaul of rotating machinery is beneficial.
- High level of overall mechanical training and aptitude,
- Experience with basic workshop machine tools
- Good understanding of mechanical equipment and how it works
- Experience working safely with lifting, machine tools
- Welding experience not specifically required but an key plus
- Ability to work well in a team environment, willing to perform all workshop functions in support of customer requirements.
- Good communication skills, particularly to record evaluation findings and communicate within the team,
- Applicable Engineering qualifications (eg City & Guilds Level 3) would be a plus
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV through the link or send a copy by email to and one of our recruiters will give you a call for a confidential chat. Alternatively please call us on and we will be more than happy to go through the role in more detail
If this particular Vacancy isn't of interest to you, but you are looking for work in a similar field, please get in touch, as we have new vacancies registered on a daily basis.
Job Titles: screw type compressors, compressor, compressor engineer, industrial, air end, blower, industrial engineer, repair engineer, service and repair, mobile air, mobile air repair, mobile air compressor, workshop based, workshop, Inspection, evaluation, weld, repair, fabrication, compressor service, repair, forklift operation