In house developer
Rotherwood are working with an events company based in Keighley to recruit an In house developer. Currently the business operates 2 websites but there is scope to expand this in the future.
The role is to work for a challenger brand which operates several sub-brands. The business has seen incredible growth over the past 3 years and is now looking to bring their web development needs in-house. This is a fast-paced position, and works intricately with all aspects of the business.
This role encompasses both frontend and backend development and would suit someone who enjoys seeing a development project from beginning to end.
We are looking for someone who has good interpersonal and communication skills, can work on their own or in a team and is able to work to tight deadlines. You must be thorough, precise, creative and imaginative.
The position is full time, paying £34,000 - £39,000 per annum dependent on experience. It is on a one year fixed term contract, with 6 months probation.
- Work with website manager to develop strategies to improve website performance in areas like UXx and SEO.
- Implement changes to the website on both the frontend and backend to achieve aforementioned ux and seo improvements as well as making further refinements to improve the performance of other areas of the business.
- Implement a robust A/B testing programme to improve ux.
- Maintain the security of the website.
- Assist in delivering digital marketing campaigns; providing the technical basis to assist with blogs, emails, landing pages and other digital marketing materials.
Key Skills and Qualification;
- Degree or 3+ years experience in web development.
- Experience of e-commerce websites
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A working knowledge of server-side technologies.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development.
- Familiarity with the following would be beneficial: SQL, Objective-C/Swift, C, C#, Jquery