Team Manager - Safeguarding and DOLs Team
We are looking to recruit a Team Manager in the Adults Safeguarding & DOLs Team within Waltham Forest. The successful candidate will be working in a well-structured, organised team who are growing their social worker staffing levels.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable working environment with experienced leadership, whilst receiving regular supervision and training opportunities. Waltham Forest Council ensure that their social workers have as much support as possible, helping them to keep a really good work life balance!
The responsibilities of the Social Worker includes:
- Reporting to a Head of Service you will manage a staff team, maintaining and developing a professional and high quality service to meet all Council, professional and legislative requirements.
- Managing the performance and development of staff in your team, you'll ensure our service delivery meets service user's social care need(s) and outcome(s), optimises the safety and wellbeing of adult's in accordance with our robust safeguarding adult policies and procedures, and ensures no unlawful deprivation of liberty takes place.
- The team provides specialist Safeguarding Adult advice and guidance in accordance with The Care Act 2014, PAN London Safeguarding Adults Policies and Procedures, local London Borough of Waltham Forest (LBWF) operational policies and procedures, and best practice guidance. In addition, the team quality assures Safeguarding Adult activity in LBWF Adult Social Care, supports with ongoing developments in local policies and procedures and carries out work to support the strategic objectives of the LBWF Safeguarding Adults Board.
- The team receives and manages all Dols applications, ensuring activity is carried out in accordance with the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Dols Codes of Practice, national guidance, case law, local operational policies and procedures, and best practice guidance. Moreover, the team supports with the development of local policies and procedures and provides advice and guidance related to Dols and the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- You'll be responsible for ensuring the adult, carer and family are at the centre of what we do and that your staff are engaging, caring and go the extra mile.
- You'll be able to demonstrate that you can effectively manage Council budgets and resources.
To ideal candidate will have:
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Social Work qualified (MA/BSc/DipSW/CQSW/MSc/BA)
Working with Ackerman Pierce you will be guaranteed weekly payment and access to continued profession development, including a dedicated consultant to support you through the interview and on boarding process. The position offers a long contract within a stable supportive team with a great location and excellent transport links as well as being close to central London.
To discuss this vacancy or any similar vacancies we currently have available in London, please email your updated CV or contact Carmen Thong for more information.