Chef de Partie - Live In Available
Would you like the chance to be a key player in the team working to achieve Rosette standard?
A fabulous opportunity to join a great small Hotel group with big ideas.
Reporting to the Head Chef/Sous Chef you will be working across all areas of the Kitchen.
Duties will include:
· Producing food for all service periods in the Restaurant, as well as Bar food, Banqueting, Room Service and Afternoon tea.
· Preparation, production and service of food to the standard required in a timely and efficient manner
· Fresh local seasonal produce used wherever possible with some being grown in our small kitchen garden. Food is cooked and prepared from fresh on a daily basis.
· Assist with the preparation of daily/weekly orders for food and kitchen supplies adhering to stock control procedures as directed by the Head/Sous Chef.
· Be responsible for receiving and storing of all relevant food and non food items.
· Assist Head/Sous Chef with daily menu planning and composition as and when required.
· Supporting the Head and Sous Chef with the design of menu items for restaurant, afternoon tea, as well as banqueting menus
· To deputise for the Head Chef/Sous Chef in their absence as and when required including supervision of the kitchen (team of 6 Chefs + 3 Kitchen Porters) , internal communication / attending meetings.
· Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
· Carry out daily cleaning duties within the kitchen as directed by the Head/Sous Chef in addition to following a 'clean as you go’ policy.
· Ensure compliance with inhouse HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety systems to ensure compliance.
· Completing duties in a culture and with an attitude of always striving to exceed standards to promote improvements and raise the quality of feedback from all diners across the hotel.
- Working 5 shifts per week 45 hrs per week.
- Previous experience in a quality environment.
- Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
- Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
- 4 weeks holiday increasing with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Following completion of the company's 3 month probationary period access to a range of company benefits including.