Stobart Group have an exciting opportunity for an IT Technician to join their growing team based in Widnes, Merseyside.
Job Title: IT Technician
Location: Widnes, Merseyside
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum + benefits
Hours: Monday - Friday 08:00 – 17:00
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
IT Technician - What’s the role?
- Responsible for the provision of technical support, covering Incident management for hardware, software, LAN, WAN, data lines and telecoms
- Performing IT support utilising the group IT service desk system to resolve incidents within the agreed SLA/KPI
- Liaising with end users, technicians and third parties to resolve issues, keeping them informed of progress
- To maximise the availability of the company’s IT equipment and services and ensure that operational needs of the business are met
- To support and mentor the first line support team
- To provide project support as and when required
- To ensure all IT related documentation is kept up to date in line with key IT process and procedure
IT Technician - What will I be responsible for?
- Second Line support with cover for first line when required
- To ensure the company’s IT equipment and services are operating effectively
- Effective use of the IT Service Desk to manage incident, problem and change requests through to resolution within agreed SLA/KPI
- Server support
- Backup management
- Communication with end users (customers) both internal and external
- Communication with wider IT Team
- Project support
- To be the primary source of support to all sites within your geographical boundary when attending site visits
- To ensure that all escalated incidents or problems have been documented accordingly prior to escalation
- Ensure relevant checks are carried out to keep systems and services operating within agreed parameters
- Ensure documentation is kept up to date to reflect current practices and operating environment
- Configuration of PCs to standard build specification
- Fault reporting to third party suppliers
- Support of telephony estate - including supplier liaison, switchboard setup and fault reporting
- Active Directory administration
- Support of company and third party software
- Support of hardware estate – including supplier liaison, setup and fault reporting
- Out of hours support rota where required
IT Technician - Core Qualifications:
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English
IT Technician - Core Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience within an IT role
- Wid exposure to Microsoft operating systems and applications
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a package including company pension scheme and uniform.
To submit your CV For this exciting IT Technician opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!