Robert A Harris & Co is a trusted, professional, small and friendly accounting company in Stevenage. We provide our clients with a comprehensive service to solve all of their accounting and taxation worries.
Robert, is a career-long accountant always looking for new business opportunities and is passionate about keeping up to date with the needs of the modern client. We have been trading since 2002 and are a team of 5. We have many clients from a number of business sectors, with a focus on the SME market.
Purpose of this role:
Robert A Harris & Co’s excellent value and personal service have combined to make us very successful and we are getting busier. As such we are looking to recruit a self-motivated accountant, who will be able to deputise for Robert. We are offering this role with flexible working hours.
The post-holder will show significant interest in the role developing into a practice manager role (over the next couple of years).
Deputise for the business owner (and main accountant) Robert Harris
Completing all aspects of client's accounts needs including:
- Annual accounts - personal and business
- Management accounts
- Company secretarial duties
- VAT returns
- Tax returns
- Creating cashflows, P&L and Funds flow
- Support clients with Mortgage applications
- Offer suggestions to clients of how to improve their business
- Business plans
- Support in supervising and training the team as required.
- Desire to develop career into a practice manager role
- Warm, approachable and friendly
- A natural desire to keep clients happy
- Works well within a team
- Committed to deliver to targets and deadlines
- Self-motivated and organised
- Natural with time management and prioritisation planning
- Willingness to engage and put forward ideas that will improve the running of the company.
Practical Skills and Experience:
- Fully qualified
- Experienced in working in practice - not just in industry
- Wants to develop career into a practice manager role
- Understands SMEs
- Comfortable with MS Office
- Clear written and spoken English
- Warm and professional telephone manner
- Ability to offer suggestions to improve existing processes
Location and Hours:
- Based from our office at the BTC in Stevenage
- Normal working hours will be flexible
- Some flexibility on number of working hours will be required at peak times
- Bespoke training and development opportunities provided
- Some flexibility during school holidays is acceptable if required
The Initial Package:
- Hourly rate is negotiable depending on experience
- Can be employed or self-employed
The Future for this role:
- Post holder will be able to develop their career in this modern friendly company
- Significant opportunity for this role to develop into you running the practice.
- There is significant potential for the number of hours to increase in the future should the post-holder wish.