Trainee Business Adviser - Market Leading Firm
This is a great opportunity for a Trainee/Part-Qualified Accountant to work for a top 10 firm in Guildford with an excellent market reputation. There will be fantastic progression opportunities available for the successful candidate.
National practice with a strong SME client base and business services department.
- Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes
- Prepare VAT returns
- Prepare tax computations
- Undertake financial close procedures e.g. reconciliation of inter-company balances, ledgers, preparation of journals and schedules and prepare monthly management accounts for review
- Using Caseware produce statutory accounts for review for a variety of clients including those reporting under UK GAAP and IFRS
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
- Ability to interpret financial data, proactively present ideas and make recommendations to clients
- Work as part of a team to provide rounded accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
- Ability to identify possibilities for other BDO Services and liaise with manager/relevant departments
- Visit client sites when necessary
- Proactively seeks knowledge and skills relevant to the role and client needs
- Updates manager regularly with progress reports and delivers work accurately and promptly
- Efficiently delivers service in order to ensure best value for the client whilst maintaining quality
- AAT qualified or part-qualified
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Knowledge of accounting packages (Xero, Quickbooks) and Caseware
- Relevant SME client exposure within a practice environment
Competitive package with excellent development opportunities.