Test Engineering Manager
Established in 1991 Pico soon became a leader in the field of PC Oscilloscopes and data loggers. Based out of our head office, our software development teams work in an agile Scrum environment creating innovative software using C#, solving problems such as visualising large data sets.
Due to continuous growth plans Pico Technology are looking to recruit a Test Engineering Manager, Reporting to the Hardware Development Manager and working alongside the Development team and other key stakeholders, the task is to perform the development, evolution, implementation and maintenance of Pico’s existing production test system.
The main activities for this Test Engineering Manager role will be:
- In a systems, hardware/software or component environment, carry out analysis, design activities development and testing, resulting in a contribution towards the evolution of Pico’s existing production test system (hardware, software and documentation)
- As part of Pico’s quality function, work closely with other key stakeholders such as Design engineering, Sales, Operations and CEMs to deliver optimum production test solutions
- Train & support CEMs as required as part of Pico’s NPI function
- Manage their own and the test engineering team’s work packages in accordance with the New Product Development process schedule
- Regular formal progress reporting
- Ensure all test systems are at the correct build standard and 'in-cal’ with traceable certification
- Coordinate and develop product Calibration certificates with key stakeholders as required
- Statistical test data analysis
We believe the Test Engineering Manager will have skills in the following:
- Technical degree or diploma preferred but ability and experience within electronic product development/manufacture more important
- Thorough understanding and proven experience in developing test methods for production test/calibration
- Electronic product design experience preferred from within 2 or more of the following areas: mixed signal, rf, analogue, digital, software and/or firmware design
- Firmware and software awareness will however, be an essential prerequisite
- Test solution design/development from first principles
- Understanding of metrology and the application of test solutions to traceable standards
- Use of CAD/CAE tools
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literate
- Outgoing personality and ability & experience to identify improvements and influence/effect change
- Appreciation of the relevant design drivers and associated manufacturing issues
- Good communication skills, team working and attitude with professional approach
- Technical team man-management skills
Away from the desk our staff can be found competing in our annual pool tournament, playing arcade games in the kitchen, gathered round the table football or simply enjoying our picnic benches in the garden. The flexible working hours suit many different lifestyles, with core hours from 10 till 3, Monday to Friday as well as an annual profit related bonus. A full list of the benefits can be found on our careers website.
If this sounds like the environment you would thrive in and are interested to find out more apply now for immediate consideration.