You will be working on data migration and systems integration projects with many of our largest clients and will be responsible for the extraction, transformation and loading of legacy systems data into new systems such as CRM or ERP platforms. As a practice, the role will include data quality analysis, transformation, testing and output to pre-agreed target schemas. This role involves elements of system analysis, architecture & design. You will be well versed and practiced in relational database administration, design and development. SQL scripting for querying, aggregating and transforming data is required. Having good .NET C# and / or Java programming skills will be a distinct advantage.
You will be working on customer projects and therefore will need good communication and interpersonal skills. Being competent with Microsoft Office is essential. You will be based in Warrington with travel to client sites as required.
In addition to normal RDBMS skills, this role will require you to become certified in the Talend data platform, source control and R language. Training will be offered for each of these.
The role reports to the Technical Solutions Director.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
As a minimum requirement we are seeking people who possess the following skills and hands on experience.
- Extract, Transform & Load (ETL).
- Querying, aggregation and transformation of data using SQL.
- Writing stored procedures, scalar / table based functions including the use of system and local variables.
- An understanding of relational database principles.
- Database administration.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as the successful candidate will need to communicate with clients on a regular basis
- Ability to learn new technologies and platforms at need.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Please note that candidates should be comfortable with all of the above as you will be asked to demonstrate some or all of these requirements during the practical component of the interview.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Preference will be given to candidates who also have skills and experience in the following areas:
- .NET (C# and/or Visual Basic)
- IMPDP / EXPDP
- MSSQL Reporting Services
- Project management
- Data migration