Valuations Manager (Corporate Finance)
As a Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of valuation clients and be responsible for the timely and exceptional quality of delivery of services. You will support Directors and Partners with work, build excellent client relationships, initiate and deliver marketing and business development projects.
- Effective project management of valuation engagements from inception to completion. Manage client relationships skilfully through timely and appropriate communication.
- Execute robust technical valuation analyses for a variety of purposes including for accounting, tax, commercial and forensic engagements.
- Deliver clear, succinct and robust valuation reports that are fit for purpose and accessible to non-technical readers.
- Manage members of staff on project teams. Ensuring they are properly briefed. Coach and develop members of staff during engagements.
- Ensure engagement take-on procedures have been complied with including completion of all relevant anti-money laundering checks.
- Undertake line management responsibilities for the appraisal and development of junior members of staff. This will include identifying areas for development and collaboratively putting in place plans for addressing skill and knowledge deficits.
- Provide an effective intellectual input and challenge to senior members of staff in the completion of valuation projects with conceptual complications.
- Carry out relevant technical research relevant to a specific area of valuations - disseminate key findings to the valuation team.
- Maintain a network of professional and business contacts, identify and recognise business opportunities.
- Deliver talks, by way of seminars and presentations, both internally and externally, on valuations subjects.
- Contribute to the team’s digital marketing strategy by publishing research and topical thought pieces on social media.
- Participate in recruitment of junior members of staff including graduates,
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- 2-5 years of valuation experience at an accountancy firm, corporate, bank, asset manager or consultancy.
- Proficiency in a number of valuation techniques including: discounted cash flow, multiples analysis, options and other derivatives pricing, intangible asset valuation techniques.
- Adept ability to interpret financial statements in the context of valuations.
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to understand the internal and external drivers of value for a given asset.
- Knowledge of international and UK accounting standards as well as UK tax legislation.
- Strong business writing.
- Effective communication skills (written and oral).
- A professional qualification in accountancy, or other related financial discipline.