Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager
Position: Assistant Finance Manager
Salary: Competitive, Bonus + Great DHL Benefits
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 29th May 2018
For the role of Assistant Finance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you provide analytical, commercial and financial support to the Regional Finance Manager, Operational GM's as well as the sites and teams within region. You will enhance the financial reporting by delivering first class financial reporting and support a strong internal control environment within all areas of responsibility. You will provide leadership, management and direction to the site operational teams. You will have responsibility for budgeting, forecasting, project review as well as commercial challenge.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Produce accounts to agree timelines
* Play a lead role in challenging the status quo, seeking value for the business, and driving a profit focussed culture
* Complete accurate monthly payroll for drivers, warehouse operatives, clerical and managers.
* Align to the strategic direction of the business and the associated initiatives.
* Ensure procurement processes are compliant.
* Ensure that robust financial solutions are implemented and monitored to optimise profit and minimise associated risk.
* Support the preparation of financial reports, models, and budgets and forecast working with other stakeholders (e.g. operations, HR, IT, etc.) to ensure profit optimisation & risk mitigation.
* Utilising KPI data to understand and challenge cost variance
* Ensure financial governance and ethical standards are maintained and communicated.
* Produce the weekly accounts and understand variances to budget / latest forecast.
* Month End Trading including journals to ensure correct allocation of costs / charges to correct cost centre, GL analysis and variance analysis. Reviewing prime codes to ensure actuals v expectations & ensure necessary accruals and prepayments are made based on matching principles, taking appropriate action where required.
* Appropriate preparation of pre-trading, resolving prior month BSR variances, use BSR as a working paper.
* BSR submitted-reconciled, complete and submitted on time.
* Ensure robust processes and controls are in place for the raising and monitoring of PO's
* Review payroll and internal invoices as part of trading preparation, highlighting and resolving issues prior to trading
* Ensure that DPDHL accounting standards & other relevant policies are implemented within own business area.
* Manage and develop financial expertise in the business enabling financial best practice.
* Actively manage, develop and motivate Finance team.
* Manage and support own & others career development and succession agenda.
* Other duties within the general scope of the role as maybe required from time to time.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Relevant experience (such as logistics, key business sectors, competitor or customer organisations)
* Part Qualified Accountant- ICAEW or CIMA or ACCA or equivalent and actively working to full qualification.
* Strong financial & accounting & commercial background
* Practical understanding of PO management, and all transnational accounting activities
* Good excel & analytical skills
* Excellent Stakeholder management
* Excellent communication skills across all levels.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: