In House Solicitor/ Paralegal
In House Property Solicitor/Paralegal
There has never been a better time to join The Works! We are extremely successful market leaders boasting year on year growth both within our stores and online with plans to extend out store portfolio considerably over the next five years.
To support our business growth plans, The Works Stores have an exciting new opportunity for an In house Property Solicitor to join our Property team based at our Support Centre on Hams Hall Distribution Park, Coleshill
This role is to support the Head of Department in the provision of all aspects of Legal Services (Property) by providing competent and efficient Legal and administrative duties.
You will be required to cover a broad spectrum of property legal issues. You will deal with and advise on property management issues and conduct non contentious work for the property portfolio. Responsible for a large number of matters at any one time, you will liaise closely with internal stakeholders and external agents.
- To prepare/ amend legal documents and conduct property transactions under guidance / supervision.
- To undertake post-completion tasks including SDLT returns and Land Registry applications.
- To support the Head of Department in all aspects including the management of workloads, ensuring that the priorities of the department are met.
- To draft and send correspondence by post and email, and answer internal telephone calls.
- To ensure that all internal methods, systems, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To assist in general office administration when necessary.
- Self-motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisation and time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives to a high standard.
- Attention to detail.
- Competent legal drafting skills
- A commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
- Excellent communication skills?
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team
- An approachable and helpful nature
- Law degree or GDL / CPE
- LPC pass
- Practical experience working within a law firm or legal office environment
- Technical / theoretical knowledge of case law and relevant statutory provisions in relation to property law
- Experience in negotiating and concluding lease renewals, licences and other basic landlord and tenant documentation
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills and a working knowledge of using software packages.
- Recent practical experience of using Microsoft Word.
- NQ solicitor having undertaken at least one seat in Commercial Property / Real Estate
- Experience in negotiating agreements for lease and new leases, in particular turnover leases.
- Retail Experience
About The Works
Our mission is to be the customer’s first choice for good quality, great value Gifts, Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Stationery, Toys and Books. The Works sell over one million products every week to consumers looking for a bargain. With over 3000 employees, we have a network of over 450 stores (and growing… fast!) and an E-store which makes the amazing value products The Works provide available 24/7 - theworks.co.uk.