Band 5/6 depending on experience
Our Hospital in Chesterfield are currently looking for an experienced, confident and fully competent HCPC registered Diagnostic Radiographer who is capable of delivering a high quality, diagnostic service to NHS patients from the local geographical areas of Derbyshire and Lincolnshire. The Radiographer role is suited to a flexible, multi-skilled member of staff who is capable of undertaking a range of general radiography, theatre, Mobiles and also MRI. The service requirements are based upon a flexible, highly skilled Radiography team delivering service to patient's closer to their homes and work within community-based sites.
Our Hospital in Chesterfield is a clean, comfortable and modern hospital passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all patients and is dedicated to delivering the highest standards of quality and safety.
- The Radiographer delivers high quality, patient focussed care which includes; assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care in line with Care UK's model of care.
- Work both autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, managing examination workload effectively and producing a consistently high quality and safe level of care for all patients. - Clinically justify X-ray and/or MRI referrals using referral acceptance criteria defined within the Care UK referral and scanning protocols.
- To demonstrate an understand of the principles of Radiation Protection within clinical practice including being responsible for ensuring that the IRMER & IRR Regulations are fully implemented within the service and that safe use of ionising radiation is always achieved.
- To demonstrate a broad understanding of MR safety and the contraindications which are important to exclude in all patients referred for MRI examinations.
- Must be capable of prioritising a number of complex activities at any one time to react to the demands of the service and be able to adjust workload to accommodate urgent referrals or equipment breakdown.
- Must be capable of managing work load effectively to ensure the timely completion of examinations.
Skills & Experience
- Broad Experience of Radiographic Practice in X-ray, Theatre/Mobiles and/or MRI
- Competency in autonomous radiographic practice
- Ability to provide specialist radiographic views upon request by specialists
- Understanding of Risk Management, Clinical Governance, and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Evidence of CPD and participation in clinical audit
- Sound knowledge of current issues in Radiography
- Good confident decision maker
- BSc in Radiography or equivalent qualification
- Registered with the HCPC
If you would like to apply for this position please email or call .