Test Automation Lead
An exciting opportunity for aTest Automation Lead to join a global insurance business and lead a dynamic testing team.
- Work with cross-functional Agile teams to ensure exceptional quality delivery of customer facing digital experiences
- Define automation standards, methodologies, toolsets, technologies and ways of working.
- Works closely with Agile Test Manager, Senior/Developers and Product Owner's on a daily basis to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure the build of quality products.
- Acts as the champion for both in sprint quality testing as well as overall functional, security, and performance automation testing to improve efficiencies
- Provides line management including coaching, career development, training, and support for Senior/Developers in Test.
- Supports the development of standards / tools / techniques for Agile testing.
- Collaborate with agile delivery teams to build and maintain automation test frameworks and test suites to support continuous delivery of exceptional quality
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts amongst Testing Centre of Excellence on standards / tools / technologies / trends for automated testing.
- Produces regular test reports to the team, line manager, and IT programme functions
- Creation and maintenance of appropriate test environments for automation, ensuring consistent efficiency with support from the Environment and Development team
Key Skills / Experience
- solid automated BDD and TDD experience, implementing frameworks (preferably Selenium
- Previous development experience: recognises what good quality code looks like (and flags refactoring required / peer reviews needed / individual's development needs etc.)
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Professionally recognised testing certification
- Test Lead experience of line management, mentoring, coaching and HR support of a small team (4-6 people)
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e TFS, VSTS, Jenkins
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and Development team
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81388830