Exciting opportunity for a forward - thinking Buyer/ Senior buyer to join an established multi- channel retailer looking after Craft and Textiles.
Currently recruiting for one of the UK's leading Multi- Channel Retailers based in Peterborough. They are a vibrant organisation who pride themselves on giving a dynamic shopping experience and offer a wealth of home goods.
This growing business has a keen eye for innovation and creative strategies to ensure the customer needs for value and for allowing them to acquire a greater market share.
- Deliver budgeted gross and net sales and margin £ and gross margin %
- Work with Merchandising to manage exit of long stocks
- Creation and maintenance of category and sub category range plans
- Source and purchase merchandise to meet customer needs in terms of choice, price and innovation
- Ensure products meet technical specifications
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, supplier base, competitors and changing customer requirements for all products/services within the category
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships
- Introduce new suppliers with signed T's & C's
- Negotiate terms, rebates, flexi pay contributions and all product pricing
- Ensure all shows are briefed fully and accurately to maximise sales and margin £. Ensure icards are up to date, presenters and producers are briefed, samples are available, pricing is accurate & compliant and upsells are in place
- Ensure new product development plan is in place to deliver customer and business requirements
- CAM presentations of new products and suppliers
- Management of show ranges, direct marketing, web & AAT ranges
- Management and development of Assistant Buyers and Buying Assistants
- Graduate Calibre.
- Experience with a 'blue chip' retailer or catalogue/home shopping environment including a proven track record of being in a buying position.
- In depth knowledge of contract negotiations and experience of trading complexities associated with branded merchandise.
- Strong business acumen and highly results focused.
- Plan, prioritise and focus on key issues.
- Self starter and able to work to exacting deadlines.
- Identify issues and develop solutions in order to meet sales, profit and budgetary targets.
- Strong leadership, decisive and tenacious
- Track record of coaching/developing junior personnel.
Negotiable basic salary plus benefits