Reporting to the Head of Management Reporting, the Management Accountant will be a key member of the Finance team that will help support the growth and development of the business. The role provides an exciting opportunity to be instrumental to the strategic direction of the company, working across the entire organisation interacting with Board level as well as Operations, Account Management, Sales and Finance.
My client is a international leader in Travel Management and Services. Through planned successful growth, profitability has doubled over the last five years, building on a well-established reputation for delivering the highest quality service to clients in its chosen, premium sectors.
As the Management Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with/manage the production of the monthly management accounts pack within five working days of the month end, including month end journals (accruals, deferred/accrued income), reconciliations, analysis and commentary on the financial performance of the business
- Provide overseas offices with monthly financial results and support them in producing their Board pack submissions
- Management of intercompany postings and balances
- Support year-end audit process
- Support the preparation of annual tax pack
- Conduct cost centre P&L reviews with budget holders
- Annual budgeting and monthly forecasting certain income streams and overhead categories
- Support Senior Management Accountant in analysis of client performance and client profitability
- Measure and reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage the calculation of Sales incentive for payroll
- Support the development of business intelligence tools to support management in responding to the business's changing needs
- Ad hoc reporting
To be considered for the role of Management Accountant you must have the following:
- Part qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA).
- Exposure to month end management accounting.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand and engage with internal and external customers.
- Naturally curious and analytical, you should enjoy getting the detail right to inform the bigger picture.
£32,000 - £38,000, study support, bonus, excellent benefits