Accounts Payable Assistant
The main role of the Accounts Payable Assistant is to support the Accounts Payable Manager with general accounts payable administration and day to day administration of the purchasing process.
The client is a large and innovative manufacturing business based in the South of Oxford. They are currently expanding their team within their state of the art, luxury open plan office space. There is plenty of parking on site and the business is easily accessible by either bus or public transport.
Specific Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Assistant:
- Raise specific adhoc requisitions and obtain approvals in-line with the company approvals matrix
- Obtain quotations from preferred suppliers for work or goods outside of the contract
- Assist with managing and maintaining a preferred supplier database in PSF
- Obtain costs for new/adhoc goods and services, provide analysis and recommendations.
- Liaising with SHEQ team to ensure new suppliers meet our HSE and ISO requirements
- Work with the Procurement manager to minimize the approved supplier list
- Ensure all documentation in relation to contractors and suppliers is kept up to date
- Assist with processing of Accounts Payable admin filing/document scanning
- Reconcile supplier statements and resolve queries
- Adhoc invoice processing when required as cover
- Support the team with ad-hoc projects
- Previous experience within a diverse administration role
- Microsoft Excel - intermediate to advanced
- Experience with providing support to more than one person
- Basic knowledge/understanding of purchasing and accounts
- Industry knowledge
- Understanding of VAT
- Knowledge of PS Financials Software Package
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work to deadlines and change work priorities as may be required
- Ability to work within an ever-changing, fast-moving environment
- Able to work within a team and on own initiative
- Articulate and focused
- Positive and enthusiastic qualities
On offer for the successful Accounts Payable Assistant is a salary of between £18,000 and £21,000 along with a really attractive benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81388738