Do you enjoy working with people of all ages and from all backgrounds? Would you like to be part of a developing education programme? We have a fantastic opportunity to join our team at Tattershall Castle.
What it's like to work here
Tattershall Castle proudly rises from the flat Lincolnshire fens; a survivor of conflict, decay and restoration. Built of red-brick in an era of stone this fortified manor is one of the earliest and finest surviving examples of English medieval brickwork. A past home to lords, ladies, soldiers and cows, the castle was built by the Treasurer of England, Lord Ralph Cromwell in the 1440's and saved for the nation by Lord Curzon of Kedleston in 1911.
What you'll be doing
As the Learning Officer at Tattershall Castle, you’ll be responsible for the delivery and continuing development of the learning programme. You’ll provide a fantastic customer service, promoting Tattershall Castle as a learning resource, from primary through to higher and life-long education. You will manage a booking system for learning visits, providing monthly returns and evaluations.
You will form close links with schools and colleges to promote Tattershall Castle’s offer. You’ll manage the learning budget, maintain accurate and clear records and also be heavily involved in the recruitment and management of the team of volunteers who will help you run the programme of events on the day of the school visit.
You will also support the visitor experience and volunteering manager for devising and delivering our family trails and school holiday children’s activities and programming.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to;
- Have previous experience of working in the learning field
- Have a good understanding of learning methods / needs
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines / targets
- Have fantastic communication skills
- Be comfortable interacting with people of all ages, needs and backgrounds
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking