Payroll Administrator (Part Time)
24 Hours Per week
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Working closely the Payroll Officer, the purpose of the role is to assist with running a number of in house payrolls, ensuring accuracy and diligence to inputting of the payroll data.
- Ensure payroll procedures are completed accurately and within agreed timescales for weekly and monthly payrolls
- Administration of benefits including: Pensions, healthcare, childcare vouchers, salary sacrifice and Give as You Earn schemes
- Liaise with management and staff regarding basic payroll enquiries;
- Liaise with management with regards to bonus, commissions and overtime;
- Liaise with the HR Officer and HR Administrator to be aware of any payroll adjustments e.g. starters, leavers, salary changes, unpaid leave/sickness, maternity/paternity etc.
- Maintain the HR and Payroll systems ensuring employee data and records required for payroll is up to date
- Maintaining data spreadsheets required for payroll
- Inputting of data into the HR system including starters, leavers and absence information
- Liaise with overseas payroll providers to process Spanish and German payroll, escalating any complex queries to the Payroll Officer if required.
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Maths and English up to GCSE Grades A-C or equivalent.
- A minimum of intermediate level of Excel.
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and relay complex information using various methods including telephone, email and reports.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and application of payroll best practice.
- Knowledge of PAYE and current legislation.
- Experience of People HR and STAR payroll systems.