Service Desk Team Lead
Job Title - Service Desk Team Lead
The IT team forms part of the Bidwells BSS (Business Support Services) team, supporting the business across all offices in England and Scotland.
The incumbent must be able to engage with the IT Team, managing IT support tickets, rotas & encouraging team development. In addition to, communicating to the business on issues, generating ideas and problem solving.
The purpose of this role is to effectively manage the internal service desk while delivering and driving continual IT service improvements. As a key member of the IT team you represent and champion IT user support services across the business. You will be a strong communicator, highly motivated, engaging and well organised. Coming from a strong technical background, you will demonstrate an excellent track record of successful IT service delivery, and the importance of service quality within a professional services environment. You will run, manage and develop the team, and the end user services it offers.
- Ticket queue management in line with ITIL best practice & internal SLAs
- Delegate duties & tasks within the IT Service Desk Team
- Ensure implementation of best practice with regards Service Desk delivery
- Communicate with team members, offering advice, guidance & escalation
- Ensuring that the IT Support Team provides a professional and proactive service to the end users. Service quality and internal client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Effective communication to users & the wider business on IT related issues.
- Provide support to ongoing business & IT projects, ensuring BAU support & identify where projects may impede BAU support.
- Build and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Working with internal and 3rd party teams to ensure actions are completed to protect the business IT systems and services (for example, change control).
- Work with the IT Director and other team members to ensure robust IT Governance and Information Security is adhered to.
- Create & maintain documentation with regards process & procedures for Knowledge base
- Encourage the Service Desk team to document & update the knowledge base for knowledge sharing.
- Monitor & report on Service Desk stats, including call waiting times, resolution times, missed calls & issue trends.
- Management of maintenance & repair of Service Desk supported hardware, including Surface Pro’s, docking stations, screens, desk phones & mobile phones.
- Provision of management reports relating to Service Desk / User support tickets, incidents and problems
- Closure of tickets and follow up with end users.
- Experienced / familiar with working within an ITIL framework.
- Proven experience in providing end user support across a broad range of business applications and systems, including Citrix and Office 365.
- Demonstrable experience of working within or leading an IT Service Desk.
- Experienced with the concept of continual Service improvement.
- Experience of managing and liaising with 3rd party suppliers and vendors.
- Experience in supporting enterprise wide mobility, and associated applications.
- Proven experience in resolving complex technical issues with both commercial 'off the shelf', and bespoke software.
- Strong analytical problem solving and troubleshooting techniques.
- Accurate and consistent attention to detail.
- Pro-active and engaging, and a professional manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload and coordinate wider team work.
- Highly customer focused.
- Educated to degree level standard, or equivalent in a IT related discipline
- Experience of liaising with 3rd party suppliers, developers and 3rd party vendors support teams.
- Works well and remains calm under pressure.
- Exemplary customer service skills. Excellent communication skills - confident in dealing with people in a professional capacity at all levels.
- Experience of working within a user base of +500 users.