RGN - Rehab Neuro - Reading
Rehab Staff Nurse - Ideally with Neuro experience.
Salary: £30 - 32k Circa
Hours: 40 per week
Location: Reading (Hospital setting)
RGN - Your role will entail, assisting individuals with disability and/or chronic illness to attain and maintain maximum function.
The rehabilitation staff nurse assists clients in adapting to an altered lifestyle, while providing a therapeutic environment for client's and their family's development.
Duties rehabilitation staff nurse
- Possesses the specialized knowledge and clinical skills necessary to provide care for people with physical disability and chronic illness
- Coordinates educational activities and uses appropriate resources to develop and implement an individualized teaching and discharge plan with clients and their families
- Performs hands-on nursing care by utilizing the nursing process to achieve quality outcomes for clients
- Provides direction and supervision of ancillary nursing personnel, demonstrates professional judgment, uses problem solving techniques and time-management principles, and delegates appropriately
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills to develop a rapport with clients, their families, and health team members and to ensure the fulfilment of requirements for legal documentation and reimbursement
- Acts as a resource and a role model for nursing staff and students and participates in activities such as nursing committees and professional organizations that promote the improvement of nursing care and the advancement of professional rehabilitation nursing
- Actively engages in legislative Initiatives affecting the practice of rehabilitation nursing or the people in their care
- Prepares clients and their families for future self-management and decision-making responsibilities by fostering clients' independence and goal achievement
- Plans nursing care while acknowledging that rehabilitation nursing is practiced within a dynamic, therapeutic, and supportive relationship that is constantly changing, as nurses and clients influence one another
To apply for this role. Please apply below with your current CV.