Legal Document Assistant
My client based on the outskirts of Uckfield is seeking a Legal Document Assitant to join their team. Due to location own transport is essential. If you have an interest in the Legal Sector or the motor industry then this is the job for you.
My client work for motor insurers and their partners delivering a unique Basic Hire Rate solution, developed in consultation with leading solicitors and insurers, to provide robust evidence to help deal with the issue of contested credit hire charges.
The ‘BHR’ witness statement service offers unparalleled robustness with its simplistic, transparent layout and clear evidence of the steps taken to obtain the evidence.
The core function of the Credit Hire team is to manage the day to day workflow of rate comparison requests, whilst working within a team.
You will be responsible for managing credit hire rate comparison requests proactively and within the strict parameters set out by the company stated methodology for obtaining and presenting evidence to clients and the courts.
You will gather information for the case, both using the internet and telephone in a methodical and professional manner and produce a court-ready witness statement detailing your findings, in the timescales requested by our client and to the strict standards set out by the company.
Due to regular client and court auditing, My client require's someone with outstanding attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure whilst presenting themselves and the company in a professional and competent manner.
My client is looking for a reliable member of a growing team to help us to continue their steady growth and in return, offer continued training and a friendly office working environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strict adherence to company policy relating to the collation of evidence.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Holds a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to prioritize, organise and plan work for self under pressure.
- An ability to learn quickly on the job.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Professional attitude with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be prepared to accept responsibility for their work and decision making.
- Must have GCSE English and Maths Grade A*-C.
- An interest in the motor industry would be of benefit.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review new rate comparison requests, and refer back to the client with any queries as necessary before actioning their request.
- Speak directly with hire companies obtain comparable quotes.
- Produce court-ready signed witness statement and collate together with substantiating evidence in order to send to the client.
- Rates are gathered using established company methods and stored by use of imagery and call recordings. Adhere strictly to company methodology when collating rates evidence.
- Each case has a clear activity path which demonstrates actions and contacts. Record all activities on the claims system.
- Actively plays a supporting role within the team.
- All sent correspondence, including E-mail, is grammatically correct and set to the agreed company format relating to that particular document.
- Perform other work-related duties as requested or required.
23 days holiday (including office shut down at Christmas) & Bank Holidays
Auto-enrolment pension scheme
Childcare Voucher scheme
Various social events arranged throughout the year
Salary: £17,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year
Options Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we can only contact those who best suit the needs of our clients.