Revenue Controller/Credit Controller
Job Title: Revenue Controller/Credit Controller
Location: Central Bristol
Sector: Finance and Legal
Salary: On Application
Purpose of the Role:
This position offers the successful applicant an excellent opportunity to join this prestigious International Law firm. The role would suit someone either from a credit control position within a professional services organisation looking for a more varied credit control role or, someone currently within a legal finance position such as billing, revenue control, legal cashiering looking for a new challenge.
Specific Duties to Include:
Reporting into the Revenue Control Manager (Collections), this role will provide support across the Revenue Control team, whilst building and maintaining key relationships with the Compliance team and Fee-earners.
Specific Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with the Compliance Risk team to resolve payment queries Be responsible for identifying all cash receipts and provide detailed accurate information to Legal Cashiers for posting
- Ensure source of funds is identified and that it complies with AML regulations by working with our Compliance Risk team to resolve payment queries
- Ensure that client and matter records are correct on Elite by working closely with the Work Acceptance team.
- Responsible for 2 ledgers, using different techniques of credit control for the Company Secretarial & Trade Mark teams
- Addressing returned mail which is received back from our chasing letters/statements, ensuring correct data is held within the Practice Management system.
- Run weekly report identifying monies held on client account that needs to be transferred to office to pay our bills avoiding any breaches of Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Remittance advice notifications entered onto credit control practice management system.
- Run the Bill Payment Notifications twice a day to look for any errors in cash allocations or part-payments and work closely with the Accounts Payable team ensuring disbursements are paid out correctly within 48hrs.
- Distributing internal post to the relevant person within Finance and taking ownership of the Credit Control inbox.
- Take client calls regarding statement queries and sending copy bills.
- Cover mail boxes and ledgers for credit controllers in time of absence.
- Provide excellent client service, respond quickly and appropriately to requests and ensure that the relevant people are kept up to date on progress.
- Carefully prioritise requests. Ensure that, if any non-standard work is undertaken, it does not negatively impact on provision of core services.
- Play an active and constructive part in the team and within finance department.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual for this position. You will ideally have experience of working within a legal environment, however other backgrounds will be considered such as banking, financial services and professional services.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and to identify, and act on, issues which need to be escalated.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across all aspects of the Revenue Control team's work and ensure that issues are addressed promptly, professionally, openly and constructively.
- The ability to communicate and interact appropriately and constructively with clients and colleagues.
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of standard Microsoft applications.
- Possess excellent organisational abilities, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Be self-motivated and proactive.
- Knowledge of Elite and Minisoft (Arcs) applications would be advantageous.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.