Interaction Recruitment are proud to support a family-led expansive company here in Milton Keynes.
Working in a niche market of supplying power tools to Trade, Public and online customer bases, this new position will be pivotal in the progression of the company. As an established buyer or puirchasing manager, you will be commercially astute to ensure products meet the requirements of the brand and customers with competitive rates, using the best deals and above all, within budget.
Your primary duties/responsibilities:
- Purchase goods in line with specified costs, quality and delivery target
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Prepare report and updates as and when required
- Work closely with key stakeholders within the company and review opportunities for continuous improvment
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier's relationship
- Continuously negotiate contacts, terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make sure the company gets the best possible prices
- Conduct research for new product and suppliers
- Ensure compliance to company's guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and Data Protection Policies
- Forecasts demand for certain products and makes orders accordingly
- Keeps a well-organised collection of contracts for easy reference when needed
- Attends meetings to stay up to date on the company's objectives
- Attends conferences to meet potential new suppliers and glean insight from other professionals in the purchasing field
In return not only will you be a part of an exciting journey and a family led firm, you get great benefits too!
- Upto £35000 annual salary depending on experience
- Performance Related bonus - corporate/individual based
- Fully Expensed Car
Tremendous opportunity so if you great experience as a Buyer and - as a desirable - knowledge of the power tool industry.
For more information, please contact or apply directly below.