Group Product & Purchasing Manager
Help Resourcing Limited are working with a large independent Builders and Plumbers Merchant. They have stores in London, Essex and Hertfordshire selling building and plumbing products to the construction industry.
They are a privately run organisation who offer a very competitive package with great prospects within the company. They are also extremely well established within the industry.
Our Client is looking for a dynamic, multi-skilled, Purchasing Manager with a minimum of 5 years buying experience to work across several of their businesses covering plumbing merchanting, showrooms, general retail and manufacturing.
Group Product and Purchasing Manager for a bathrooms, plumbing and heating merchant - as well as acting as a lead negotiator within the UK’s largest merchant buying group
Manage the purchasing department consisting of two staff
Overall responsibility for a buying budget of approx £10M across the company.
In charge of all marketing activity related to purchasing and in store promotions, with a budget in excess of £100K p.a.
Responsible for managing supplier relationships.
Accountable for the stock management of the company.
Ability to work closely with the executive board in providing plans and solutions to ensure we achieve our sales and profit targets and report directly into the MD
Develop the promotional calendar for the group and ensure that all promotions are implemented successfully both internally and externally.
Experience in retail and B2B sales, including specification and contract sales with developers and architects; in addition to the general trade business.
- Commercial acumen from a construction company/sector environment is essential
- Highly organised with excellent planning and time management abilities
- Results driven
- Communication and influencing skills
- Ability to successfully influence key stakeholders
- Proven relationship builder both internally with team and colleagues, and externally with buying groups, manufacturers and suppliers
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ethical, trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to negotiate
- Exceptional Purchasing skills
- Proven track record of achieving results independently and by managing a team
- Product knowledge - builders and Plumbers merchant sector essential
- Strong IT skills to support the functions of the role
- Attractive basic salary of up to £45,000 depending on experience
- Health Care
- Excellent career progression
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
If you feel you have the right skills for this position please apply today.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successfully short-listed applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days of sending your application, please presume that you have not been successful on this particular occasion.