WE REQUIRE MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT WORKERS FOR DAYS, NIGHTS & WEEKENDS
Are you seeking an active career in mental health?
We are seeking people with the right attitude and are willing to learn new skills
Working with vulnerable adults experiencing acute mental distress and those with enduring mental illnesses, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
Within a forensic environment, you will be placed on low and medium secure units to provide daily living support for patients who are on a care pathway.
Hours: Temporary shifts available
Shifts are 12 hours with Two 1 hour breaks
Duties will include:
- Caring for patients experiencing mental distress or who have an enduring mental illness;
- Building relationships
- Working within Multi-Disciplinary Teams
- Responding to distressed patients, to understand the source of distress;
- Applying 'de-escalation' techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour;
- Encouraging patients
- Developing social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation;
You will need:
- Good Communication
- Commitment to Care
- Mental Health Understanding
- Driver with access to own transport is essential
- A DBS check may be required prior to starting.
Having over 20 years’ experience in numerous care environments means we understand your needs for flexible working and competitive rates.
Give us a call today or apply now!