IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
Hours - 37.5 hours per week
Location: Harrogate, HG28RE
Your Window in to an IT Career at Orchard
If you are familiar with remote fault diagnosis and MS office, with good working knowledge of Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, coupled with a broad spectrum of enterprise IT skills, we would like to hear from you !
Orchard at the Heart of the Community
Orchard Care Homes has been running and managing care homes across the UK for over a decade. Our mission: To be the positive choice for residents, their families and friends, healthcare professionals and staff.
What you’ll be doing
Utillising your strong break-fix knowledge and good all round hardware and basic networking skills you will provide IT support to our Support Centre and Care Homes’ IT infrastructure, by maintaining all computer facilities.
Knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange, and experience of a helpdesk operation would be useful as your main responsibilities include;
- Supporting the PCs and associated IT peripherals at over 50 Orchard Care Home sites across the UK, with prompt problem resolution and timely follow-up.
- Maintain a working knowledge-base of faults and resolutions using helpdesk software.
- Escalating all faults to the IT Manager in the event of any significant downtime.
- Arrangement of work schedules and priorities in accordance with the needs of the business, with a focus upon quality customer service.
- Provide field based support as requested
- Maintain effective communications through regular contact with your Manager and with peer members of the IT Team, and any relevant external support organisations.
- Maintain a quality service image through timely and appropriate updates to service users, using the helpdesk to record and monitor progress.
- Produce reports (verbal or written) as and when required.
What you’ll need
In addition to the relevant experience/qualifications outlined above you will need to be an effective, confident communicator who is customer service orientated - but it’s the attitude you can bring to Orchard Care Homes that we value and we are looking for enthusiastic people to continue making Orchard a rewarding and enjoyable place to live and work.
This position is based at our Support Centre in Harrogate, however a Driving Licence and willingness to travel throughout the UK (with occasional overnight stays) is required.
What we offer in return;
By choosing Orchard Care Homes you are joining a progressive and ambitious group of care homes located across the United Kingdom. We are driven to provide the very best standards of care and quality within our homes, and to recruit the very best professionals to our company. As such we offer a competitive salary, range of benefits and car allowance.
Apply Now with your CV