Excellent Contract opportunity for Java and Python Developers
Your new company
our client is a 'Platform As A Service' (PAAS) for network operators around the world to monetise customer data via mobile marketing, content personalisation and CRM Platforms. Our client is looking for both Java and Python developers to cover a 3 - 6 month period.
Your new role
Working primarily in Java the focus will be on the development of their core product, adapting it to new business requirements. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, testing and delivering high quality software/ solutions and corresponding automated Unit Tests and BDD Tests (Using Python)
- Creating and reviewing product/ project deliverable's according to the life cycle methodologies (i.e assessments, external and internal specifications, best practise materials, ect)
- Researching and resolving defects
- Working in a multi-discipline DevOps team focused on product delivery
- Participating in design reviews, code reviews/ inspections and pair programming
- Managing the software dependencies for use in implementing proper solutions
- Maintaining interval functional specification documents
- Building core service components and integrating them with the rest of the product.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience of Java Play Framework
- Good database/ RDBMS skills, writing and optimising queries, schema design, ect
- Experience of Agile principals, Test - Driven Development, Continuous integration, Unit testing
- Good knowledge of Object Orientated design principals
- Python experience
- Experience with Linux
- Writing automated tests as part of a team using BDD or another test framework.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive day rate and the opportunity to work for an ever growing business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81098977