FP&A Operations Analyst
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
This role sits in the Functional Reporting team to provide financial support to Transformation and Operations business partners, own the reporting and business partnering for Transformation & IT projects within M&G and take ownership of group wide cost allocations. The role sits in the Financial Planning & Analysis team and is primarily responsible for the ongoing analysis and reporting, of costs and allocation drivers for distinct parts of the M&G business.
Your responsibilities will be
• Provide support to the Transformation and Operations Finance Business partners providing analysis, MI reporting and helping them resolve queries as required.
• Production of financial papers for presentation at the Operations & Technology Committee meetings including insightful commentary demonstrating an understanding of an evolving Operations Department.
• Business partnering support for M&G’s Transformation portfolios taking ownership for budgeting & forecasting process and production of monthly portfolio reports to effectively support successful project delivery whilst maintaining cost control
• Provide ad hoc support for the M&G Galland project as required, working with business partners and project leads to meet deliverables.
• Take ownership for M&G’s portion of IT PGDS service costs reviewing the monthly MI and analysing cost expenditure to monitor and challenge spend. Provide ad hoc analysis of any PGDS project costs as required.
• PruCap, PPMG, UKIO quarterly meeting, including production of MI papers and cost recharges
• Production of well understood functional cost reporting with appropriate detail and cost centre reporting as required
• Work with the FSC team to develop reporting tools and automation to deliver continuous improvement to outputs
• Take an active role in developing a simple and efficient cost driver calculation methodology to allocate M&G’s cost base used for management reporting particularly for Transformation and IT cost areas. This includes drivers at multiple organisational levels –product, geography and channel distribution level.
• In the long term use understanding built up of the cost allocation model to create reporting to analyse M&G’s cost on a product, geography and channel distribution basis to provide analysis for decision making purposes and to automate and improve the cost driver process.
• Support the Executive Office Team with regular reporting in a standardised format and with ad hoc analysis.
• Take ownership for reporting and budgeting of the Corporate BU and South Africa Associate.
• Build an understanding of the areas supported and ensure that information sharing and best practice is embedded across the team.
• Play an active role in the annual business planning process and also work to embed the rolling forecast in the decision making process. This should ensure that any financial metrics from business cases for new products or offices are included in business plans.
This role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate:
We ideally looking for you to be a Qualified accountant and to have experience with Hyperion and SUN general ledger systems.
You will need very strong analytical and problem solving skills with a good track record of process improvement and able to question and understand complex financial data, and demonstrate experience in presenting analysis in a succinct manner and appropriate format.
It is essential for you to have strong spreadsheet and financial modelling skills along with being highly numerate, logical and capable of lateral thinking.
It is important for you to have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and able to liaise effectively with personnel at all levels and build strong relationships across the business.
You will need to be organised, drive delivery and able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
An ability to operate at both a detailed and high (bigger picture) level with a strong interest in and / or experience of asset management is desirable.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.