Business Development Associate early stage equity
Seedrs is a leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam and Berlin. We are backed by top UK fund manager Neil Woodford, Augmentum Fintech PLC, listed on the London Stock Exchange Main Market and Europe’s largest listed fintech fund, a number of European VCs and over 1,000 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team..
Given unprecedented demand, we’re looking to add to our rapidly-growing Campaigns team to further drive our startup community outreach to entrepreneurs. Reporting to the Campaigns Development Manager, this is a highly public role and fundamental to helping scale the businesses at the cutting-edge of financial services. Successful candidates will be hustle-driven but always think strategically, and will thrive on building credibility for Seedrs and themselves. The job will require top-notch interpersonal skills, true passion for entrepreneurship, and genuine empathy for entrepreneurs.
Skills Business, E-Commerce, Finance, Technology, Business Development, Ambitious, Responsible, Financial services, Networker, Strategic thinking, Brand awareness, Start-up, Venture Capital, Marketing Strategies, crowdfunding, Campaign creation, angel investing, Business Development Associate, early stage equity, Food & Drink, EU language fluency, 2nd language fluency, equity-crowdfunding
What you'll do
- Deal flow generation in the UK and Europe for the Seedrs platform.
- Grassroots community building in the startup community.
- Build relationships with key partners (accelerators, seed funds, co-working spaces, etc.).
- Generate brand awareness for Seedrs in the early-stage ecosystem through organising, attending and speaking at industry events and meetups.
- Be a true ambassador for Seedrs, equity-crowdfunding and entrepreneurship.
- Educate businesses on the Seedrs funding products, including campaign creation and marketing strategies.
- Support scaling of startup community efforts Europe-wide.
- Regularly report to the Campaign Development Manager on your development pipeline.
What we're looking for
- At least 2 years hands on experience selling to SMEs and/or early stage growth businesses; developing and managing a sales pipeline.
- A clever, diligent, hard-working, empathetic and pleasant person who adds loads of value to our team.
- Someone who is genuinely interested in and excited about startups, venture capital, angel investing and crowdfunding. Ambitious and responsible.
- A born networker. You have a strong book of contacts in the UK startup ecosystem.
- An entrepreneur at heart. We are counting on you to propose new ideas, discuss other people’s ideas and generally go above and beyond the call of duty.
- A precise, clear and sharp thinker. We are a regulated financial services business and hold ourselves to high standards of presentation and professionalism.
- Someone who wants to progress quickly either in terms of strategic thinking or by moving into a more leading role.
- Someone who is adaptable. We’re a very fast growing company, and we need to operate with all hands on deck – we all make the tea, and you should be happy to do so as well.
- You may have experience of working in the following industries: E-commerce, Technology, Food & Drink, Finance.
- Fluency in at least one European language is a plus.
Our Tech Stack
At Seedrs, we live and breathe a true engineering culture. We are always on the lookout for talented engineers that can help us face and solve challenging problems to support our exceptional growth. You'll be working with a fun, inspiring and professional team.
Our engineering team is constantly innovating because our customer's needs are at the core of what we do. We promote an inclusive culture where everyone has an opportunity to have an opinion and be listened to. Ultimately we love to see the 'big picture' and build a unique world-class product by using the most amazing technologies that are out there.
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Team socials.
- Cheese day.
- Great offices with free fruit and coffee!