Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Home based – South East England covering Essex, Sussex, Kent and East London Regions
£24,774 per annum (rising to £25,254 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Qualifications Assessor will deliver a quality assessment and verification service to the Group. You will assist in developing the skills and confidence of individuals allowing them to carry out their roles to an outstanding level.
The role of Qualifications Assessor will include:
- Participating in assessment of qualification
- Maintaining accurate records of progress and providing reports as required
- Participate and support in standardisation meetings
- Providing support with external quality assurance visits as required
- Supporting the development of quality staff by coaching and mentoring individuals
- Managing your learner case load by assisting learners in collating their portfolios for assessment
- Ensuring the Group complies with awarding body requirements and agreed policies and procedures
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience of undertaking a similar role for example assessment of competence based qualifications
- A Vocational Assessors award is essential (D32/33, A1)
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and good practice principles
- A strong understanding of Health and Social Care, equivalent to level 5
- Experience of working on electronic portfolios is desirable
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and One File
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Travel is a requirement of the role therefore a Full UK driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.