We build businesses that transform industries and we know that figuring out product-market fit and effective go-to-market strategies enables our businesses to grow more quickly and with superior economics.
We have a central group responsible for supporting our businesses with sales and marketing expertise – helping to advise on best practice and implementation, as well as helping to scope and resource projects (including sourcing and managing external suppliers). This role will lead the design function within the group, providing hands-on services, practical, expert advice to our businesses to help drive performance, through effective integration of creative services.
This is a unique opportunity to have a significant impact on the success of businesses across the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio and to help capture and share best practice across the group.
You must have over 10 years’ experience working within a design field. You can come from any design background, but you must be 100% credible in one our core disciplines of graphic design which include brand and digital. You’ll most likely be drawing upon at least six years creative experience and your application must also include an up-to-date portfolio that showcases your skills and creative talents.
Skills Business, Management, Photoshop, Leadership, Digital, Technology, Animation, Design, CSS, Adobe, HTML, Creative, Problem Solving, Flexible, Communication, Graphic Design, Film, Illustrator, Positive, Java, Director, InDesign, UX, UI, Print Design, Start-up, Editorial, Storyboarding, Brand, Processing, Senior, Assertive, Perceptive, Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Flinto, Zepplin
Skills & Experience
- Assertive, inspiring and perceptive – able to ‘read’ and weigh-up complex situations and others’ motivations.
- Broad minded, understanding the strength of the team while maintaining the highest expectations of yourself and others
- A great problem solver, with the judgement, experience and decisiveness to make things happen
- Committed, energetic and positive; up for any challenge
- Determined and tenacious enough to see things through
- Constantly challenging themselves and others to get the best out of each other
- Generous, able to share ownership, never precious, never protective
- Open minded and flexible, constantly looking for new ways to make stuff happen and make the design better
- Unafraid to try – and fail, possessing a ‘nothing is impossible’ spirit
- Always hungry to learn, always ready to share
- Never afraid to offer opinion – or ask others theirs. They have a strong point of view, but a healthy respect for the experience of more senior creatives
- Understanding of digital marketing tools and techniques
- Experience of working in a start-up or scale up business during a period of rapid growth
- Track record of setting and managing against budgets
- Experience of building and leading high performing teams
- Have experience in the following creative disciplines:
- Brand design: Identity, expression
- Digital design: UX, UI
- Print design: Editorial, Stationary
- An added benefit but not essential:
- Film and Animation: Storyboarding, art directing, directing
- Development: HTML, CSS, Java, Processing
- You should be highly proficient in:
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Prototype tools such as Invision, Marvel, Flinto, Zepplin
- Have in-depth UX knowledge, understanding the process flow
- Have the necessary skills to develop prototype models, wireframe and test
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
What we can offer you
- Starting salary of: £70,000-80,000
- Discretionary 10% bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits: Perkbox, Private Medical, Gym Subsidiaries
- Free fruit every day
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic start-up environment