The buyer is expected to Develop & maintain supplier relationships ensuring SLA are achieved.
My client is a market leading manufacturing buisness with promising growth plans.
Professional buying and procurement of equipment, parts, materials
- Use professional purchasing practice to ensure correct parts, equipment and materials are procured at the right time, spec., quality and cost
- Ensure purchasing inputs to the business system are accurate and up to date
- Ensure accurate and complete order information and complete data entry into AX
- BOF procurement - Work closely with the Project Managers and Design Managers to ensure that all BOF items (e.g. fans, heaters etc.) are purchased and received in accordance with the requirements of the Production Schedule.
- Ensure all materials and cut to length items are purchased and received in accordance with the requirements of the Production Schedule
- Ensure that sufficient quantity of 'stock' materials and items is maintained in accordance with the requirements of the Production Schedule.
- Full clean driving license
- Must be able to demonstrate purchasing competence either by academic qualifications or relevant experience
- Must be computer literate, preferably have experience of MRP systems (ideally Microsoft AX Dynamics)
- Experience in a build-to-order (Capital Plant) Engineering company
- Stock control
- Progress chasing
- Good understanding of commercial Terms and Condition's
- Ability to negotiate/set up deals/contract's
- Desire and aptitude to keep learning
- Flexible approach to learning's and work
- Ability to work both as an individual and as part of a team
£25,000 - £30,000