Location: Oxford OX1 3AS
Salary: £30k - 35k, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 37.5per week, Mon-Friday - 9.00 am to 5.30 pm
Experience Oxfordshire is the Destination Management Organisation (DMO) for the county. We are the lead organisation for promoting and developing leisure, business and cultural tourism in Oxfordshire.
Operating to not for profit principles, Experience Oxfordshire is a partnership organisation, actively engaged on a local, national and international level to grow the visitor economy.
The Digital Marketing Executive will be joining Experience Oxfordshire at an exciting time in our development as our online and digital presence is more important than ever.
The post holder will provide marketing support across all service areas of the business which include (but are not exclusive to); partnership, events, business support, visitor information centre, walking tours, travel trade and conferencing.
The role will develop and execute an effective marketing strategy for the business and its component parts and be responsible for generating revenue based activity against set income targets.
The role’s primary responsibilities are:
• Leadership and management of the Marketing team
• To develop, with the Head of Commercial Services, key objectives for the marketing team.
• To be accountable for delivery against agreed financial and service targets.
• To develop an integrated marketing strategy across the business to include traditional and digital media.
• Manage and develop B2B and B2C websites and maximise impact of social media channels.
• Promote and support the development of strategic partnerships across the County.
• To take a leading role in the development and fulfilment of Experience Oxfordshire’s offer to its partners.
• To lead on the development of tourism and cultural commercial services for consumer, trade and MICE markets, overseeing their development, route to market and proactive sales.
• Take a lead on working with the travel trade to promote Oxfordshire internationally.
• Work with media to ensure high exposure for Oxfordshire in media and familiarisation visits.
• Measure and monitor Experience Oxfordshire PR value through Meltwater.
• Develop and implement an effective CRM system for the business.
• Produce up to date countywide and national insights, research and statistics.
• To undertake any such duties commensurate with the post as may be required.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about digital marketing; someone who understands the importance of building user friendly, SEO optimised websites and who will be constantly striving to improve the website experience to all our audiences.
The person will also have proven experience delivering PPC campaigns.
In addition, a good knowledge of delivering digital campaigns using social media and email marketing to engage people and generate income for the company is a must.
Skills and Experience:
• Educated to at least degree level or relevant professional or management qualification.
• Related professional qualification/membership of professional body (tourism, marketing, sales) or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years management experience with significant evidence of strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire teams through periods of significant change.
• Experience of developing and implementing successful marketing strategies.
• Experience of working strategically with partners and stakeholders in the visitor economy and culture sectors.
• Experience at a senior level in the cultural and/or tourism sectors and an awareness of the political and economic contexts which impact on them.
• Knowledgeable of key industry and marketing trends.
• Experienced and capable in working with the media.
• Demonstrable website and social media development experience.
• Strong commercial skills with a business development or sales and marketing bias.
• Excellent judgement and the ability to make evidence based commercial decisions for the business.
• Well - developed interpersonal sensitivity and skills in managing people and the ability to apply these to working effectively with external stakeholders.
• High personal expectations and tenacity and the ability to take tasks from conception to completion.
• Evidence of successful budget and performance management.
• Project management skills including multi-stakeholder projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Understanding of developing travel trade relationships.
• Knowledge of Destination Management Organisations and awareness of the key issues facing organisations in these sectors.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV and covering letter for consideration in the first instance.
Due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us in four weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.