Manufacturing Technician - Mechanical Assembly
Our highly prestigious engineering client, who is part of a larger international group, supply’s a range of high value products to a true-blue chip client base, throughout the UK, Europe and worldwide. They have experienced rapid growth over the past 2 years, which is on an upward trend for the foreseeable future. They have further investment planned, as well as a number of impressive and exciting improvement projects for the site, to ensure they remain at the forefront of their sector. This is an ideal time to join the business, as your contribution, skills and dedication will truly make a difference to the future success of the company. They have a number of positions available. They are currently looking to recruit Manufacturing Technicians to become an integral part of their assembly teams, please apply for an immediate response.
- Efficient and effective fabrication, assembly and testing of equipment to defined build procedures, engineering specifications and standards.
- Working to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
- Being flexible between processes where appropriate training has been given.
- Identifying improvement / cost reduction opportunities and supporting lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide timely feedback to supervisor / manager on any technical or quality issues that arise.
- Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system
- Support in the training of new personnel as required
- Adhere to general housekeeping rules and maintain a clean and tidy working environment at all times
- Ensure that all Environmental Health and Safety / Company Policies are adhered to at all times
- Attend departmental meetings as required
- Support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
- Mechanical assembly experience.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques (5S \ TPM \ Std Work \ Line Balancing)
- Root cause analysis and problem-solving ability.
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Flexible approach to working hours