Head of Marketing
We are looking for an experienced event professional to lead the events strategy, and manage our marketing, operations, delegate sales and production teams to deliver against the ambitious goals we have for 2018, which includes new event launches and geo-clones.
This includes full accountability for event planning, performance and profitability as well as strategic business growth.
The breadth of our events portfolio ranges from Award Ceremonies, Exhibitions, Conferences and with ambition growth plans, our events portfolio continues to expand across our verticals.
Skills Events, Marketing, Business, Leadership, Technology, Project Management, Event Planning, Event Management, Client management, Start-up, Head of Marketing, B2B corporate events
- Responsibility for a team of dynamic producers, ensuring programmes are delivered on time, by leading business thinkers, within session formats that drive higher level learning through interaction and knowledge sharing. Working with our Senior Producer to evolve content delivery and strengthen this key USP.
- Create and monitor objectives and KPIs for the events marketing team, as aligned with the core portfolio strategy. Advise and mentor this team, encouraging best practise, the standardisation of processes across projects and innovative methods of campaign delivery as we seek to maximise ROI within marketing spend.
- Work with the delegate sales manager to ensure revenue targets are exceeded, identify training needs within the team and create development plans to satisfy, and assist the sales manager with the growth of the team, according to business growth plans.
- Lead and develop the strategic vision for unique customer experiences pre-event and onsite, working with the event operations team to fulfil.
- Work with the sponsorship team to generate commercial inventory that meets, and then exceed the needs of our clients, which can be delivered at high margin. This will include evolving standardised inventory in-line with changing client needs and developing bespoke packages on an ad-hoc basis.
- Consistently review each brand landscape with a commercial lens, identifying opportunities to expand the portfolio or enhance event revenue.
- Weekly reporting on financial and event performance at a brand level.
- P&L responsibility for each event.
- The generation of marketing, production and operations budgets for each event, working with the department managers to make sensible investments that will enhance the success and sustained growth of the event.
- Drive the strategy meetings for events, delegating research responsibility pre-meeting, driving a commercial conversation during the session and creating action points and a business plan post meeting.
- Preparing the project schedule for each event, allocating responsibility for delivery and managing a motivated team to work collaboratively towards this goal.
- Contentive are a dynamic business and move with agility to capitalise on new opportunities, as such additional responsibilities beyond the above may be required.
Skills & Experience
- Successful event management experience, planning and running mid-large B2B corporate events – Conferences, exhibitions and awards.
- Experience of leveraging innovative event technology to improve client experience and create new products
- Exceptional project direction and management skills, with the ability to manage multiple timelines, deadlines, actions in a collaborative extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent client management experiences, confident in building relationships and engaging in commercial conversations with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a solution oriented attitude
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Self-motivation, initiative and high energy
- Clear and confident decision making
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
- Passionate about achieving business success and driving account improvement.
Contentive is a global B2B media and information company, helping professionals and businesses excel in a digital world. We provide an engaging mix of news and thought leadership, events, intelligence, across Digital Marketing, Digital Finance, HR and other Business verticals.
Our information based products and services help professionals excel in a world being transformed by digital – and our tools and platform provide marketers with access to clearly defined audiences.
Founded in 2012, we have offices in London, New York and India. Our London team are located in One Hammersmith Broadway, a modern, five-storey building which hosts a hotbed of innovation-focused, high-growth companies – all backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading active investors with annual sales of over £350M.