Senior Structual Engineer
PE Global is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer for in the London area
Salary: Negotiable (D.O.E)
Our client is a highly regarded, multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm. It is an ambitious overseas company, which is seeking to expand in London and the South East. Initially, the UK business will be targeting, winning and delivering mainly Commercial, Residential and Educational building projects in London and the South East.
This company is seeking to appoint a Senior Structural Engineer to become an integral part of a delivery team based in London. The role will include leading the design delivery of projects, coordinating the production of drawings and design activities, ensuring compliance with building regulations and delivering high-quality structural design and associated detailing work. The successful candidate will be collaborating with a core group of Chartered Structural Engineers in building new partnerships, developing new client relationships and ensuring the successful delivery of UK and overseas projects.
Experience: Candidates for this position will come from a Civil/Structural Engineering background and will be required to demonstrate that they:
• Have outstanding communication skills and excel at working in a highly collaborative design environment.
• Demonstrate an ability to manage their time and multiple activities, and manage a broad portfolio of Structural Engineering Projects.
• Demonstrate a track record of delivering projects to meet deadlines on medium to large sized schemes
• Possess an excellent knowledge of other building related engineering disciplines, construction methods, health and safety legislation, and other legal regulations.
• Have a background in consulting design and in the delivery of projects involving multidisciplinary engineers and architects.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree BEng / BSc or Master’s degree MEng / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for charter ship.
• Hold or are in the course of obtaining the title of Chartered Engineer (MIStructE / MICE)
• Have a minimum of ten years experience working as Structural Engineer in high density highly developed urban environments.
• Have at least three years experience in delivering structural engineering adopting 3D drawing environments and demonstrate a good understanding of BIM.
• Have experience in using a broad suite of structural analysis software.
• Possess excellent IT skills.
• Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
In the course of their work you will be required to:
• Work closely with clients, contractors, multidisciplinary design teams and third parties;
• Lead structural design elements on projects as required, undertaking detailed engineering design of a wide variety of buildings.
• Ensure the provision of efficient high-quality structural engineering design, within agreed deadlines and with commercial awareness;
• Prepare technical schedules, reports, designs, and sketches at a variety of project work stages;
• Ensure that appropriate service/design decisions are met, consulting with internal and external mentors and stakeholders where appropriate
• Engage early with all Stakeholders to develop a BIM Strategy, BIM Execution Plan respecting client’s own objectives.
• Work closely with clients during the design seeking innovative methodologies that will add value.
If you are interested in this role, Please call Ian McDiarmid on