Senior Design Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity a Senior Design Engineer for a world leading Aerospace company for the design, development, and manufacture of Landing Gear Actuation Systems for the aerospace industry at their facility in the UK.
We are looking for individuals who have ideally have experience in the design of Main Landing Gear or Nose Landing Gear or Thrust Reverser Actuation systems or hydraulics systems or Aircraft Structures. We offer great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
A salary package of up to £40K will be on offer together with a benefits package.
Reporting to the Design and Analysis Engineering Group Leader, you will be expected to write design reports without supervision and identify and author Design work packages for completion by approved outsourced design teams once approved by the D&A Engineering Group Leader.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will possess a strong general Mechanical Engineering knowledge gained over several years able to work autonomously with little supervision in this role.
- Ideally, you will have knowledge of Aerospace materials and manufacturing processes and hold an appreciation of how this knowledge is applicable to the Design process in terms of fatigue and stress limitations.
- You will have strong commercial Catia v5 experience, ideally on Airbus programs and have specific Landing Gear structural design experience.
- This role requires that the Senior Engineer will have Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) experience to be able to define and communicate acceptable engineering tolerances within the design process.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- HND / BSc / B Eng or equivalent in Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering or similar related subject
- Minimum 10 -15 years’ experience in aerospace design engineering.
- Experience of complex 3D CAD modelling, ideally using Catia v5
- Have a hands-on approach to engineering design and development
- Experience managing the design and R&D of new products, from concept to finish
- Knowledge of creating and managing sub-structure Bills of Materials (BOM)
- Experience of components and sub-systems used on Landing Gear structures or Aircraft Structures components.
- Experience of making engineering/project decisions with all relevant information available
- Good understanding of hydraulic and mechanical systems as used on Landing Gear structures or Aircraft Structures products
- Basic working knowledge and understanding of FEA
- Experience of communicating technical subjects within a team environment
- You will have the ability to analyse and communicate processes and practices in a clear and concise manner.
- You will possess good communication skills and be aware of cultural differences.
- £35,000 to £40,000 Negotiable dependent upon experience.
- The company offers very good benefits and career support.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately