SEN Maths Teacher To Start Immediately
Experienced Special School Teacher needed urgently for long term role.
Awareness/experience of using a range of teaching strategies designed to meet educational needs of children with ASD/SLD.
- Ability to establish an appropriate, positive class ethos and learning environment which promote good relationships and high pupil achievement/standards of behaviour
- A skilled classroom practitioner with the ability to meet planning, recording and reporting requirements for individuals, small groups and the whole class
- Understanding of the national curriculum and curricula appropriate for a range of pupils with ASD/SLD/Complex Needs, especially those working at the lower p levels
- Understanding of appropriate assessment, planning, recording and reporting strategies - particularly in relation to pupils with ASD/SLD/Complex Needs
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Emotional resilience and ability to motivate, manage and encourage pupils
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with children, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Ability to plan for and manage a team of support staff
- Effective organisational skills
- Ability to participate in curriculum development work
- Good ICT skills and able to use learning technology to promote children's independence, communication and learning