Buyer - Indirect
Experienced Buyer with broad indirect category management and OPEX/CAPEX procurement experience preferably gained in a manufacturing or R&D environment.
The successful candidate should have the ability to work independently or as part of a team of buyers covering a full range of indirect goods and services. They will establish agreements that meet the internal customer’s needs, deliver against the department's and wider procurement objectives and mitigate risk to the business. Ideally, we are looking for someone with several years purchasing experience and someone who is comfortable working with various stakeholders and manage multiple projects at any one time.
Having or working towards MCIPS qualification would be an advantage.
- Manage a portfolio of goods/services and supplier relationships which deliver a safe, secure, ethical and cost effective supply base
- Proactively engage with internal customers to ensure that the procurement strategy and objectives remain aligned with theirs and the businesses requirements.
- Manage procurement process via established RFQ procedures
- Manage supplier relationships and build comprehensive understanding of an extensive range of engineering goods/services and general industry market intelligence.
- Management of operational procedures, systems and processes to comply with EHS Policy, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and REACH.
- Be competent in the use of IT systems including SAP & Microsoft Office applications