Head of Accounting & Control
The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for an interim Head of Accounting to join a technology business based in Central London. Supervising a team of 7 lead the accounting teams within EMEA.
- Lead the accounting team of management and financial accountants
- Ensure SMART objectives for your 7 team members, providing coaching and support to help them excel
- Oversee the accurate and timely delivery of periodic management accounts for all companies
- Take a lead role in the budget cycles to facilitate the preparation and collation of templates for review with Commercial Finance and FP&A.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations
- Ensure general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and other financial records and schedules are accurately maintained for all businesses.
- Deliver key financial control routines, including monthly balance sheet reconciliations, access control reviews, and transactional risk sampling.
- Document processes and guidelines for all key routines and controls, including the creation of an accounting policy and procedures manual.
- Lead the simplification of legal and accounting structure
- Ensure relationships with key internal and external stakeholders are well managed;
- Continuously review processes and controls to achieve full audit assurance to include implementing internal and external audit recommendations, and ensuring simplicity and the enhancement and use of core systems. Ensure changes are effectively communicated across the company.
- Other adhoc duties as required.