Business Development Manager- Bridging Finance
We are currently working with a successful Bridging Finance Lender, who are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their field based team.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: • To prospect for new clients by networking, Lead outbound calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential Introducers.
Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential Introducers to do business with the company.
• Develop a structured plan of new and existing business development across the allocated territory to identify, qualify & pursue new target intermediaries
• To carry out calls, meetings and marketing activity to generate new business
• Develop relationships at all levels with intermediaries, prioritising target introducers effectively
• Network extensively both internally and externally building key introducer relationships, leveraging your product knowledge and market expertise to increase business
• Ensure all business activity and progress is recorded and reported appropriately (CRM)
• Keep an accurate record and actively manage the pipeline of business, working closely with the underwriters to achieve funding
• Work with the team effectively and efficiently to maximize business opportunities from key target intermediaries and the region
• Be a brand ambassador for the company in the territory, enhancing the reputation of the business
• Educate broker & intermediary teams about our products and lending criteria
• The role requires regular travel within the allocated territory with possible overnight stays
• Input new cases onto our back office loan processing system, producing Agreements in Principle and recording notes on progress/communication
• Be responsible for new cases until a Borrower pays the Valuation and Legal fees at which point the underwriting team will manage the case through to completion with input and assistance from you, as required.
• Where necessary and dependent upon deal size, cases may require presenting and discussion with credit committee, you may be required to contribute to this process.
• All applicants must have a Full UK driving license
• Demonstrate an ability to develop and implement new business opportunities within the non-regulated short term property finance industry.
• A background in sales and a strong understanding of Property Finance (2 years in secured lending sales i.e. mortgages, second charges, commercial, bridging, development finance)
• An engaging communicator with superior influencing skills, able to discuss and establish credibility within a professional audience with regular presentations to intermediaries and introducers.
• Proven experience in relationship building/business development
• Ability to deliver professional, bespoke, 'intelligent’ & entrepreneurial presentations and meetings, tailored to each individual circumstance whilst highlighting the benefits of Roma
• Confident and knowledgeable phone manner, conducting many outbound calls to generate further leads
• Strong collaborative and team working skills
• Underwriting experience in property finance is preferable
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office
Full training will be provided and we offer an uncapped commission plan.
This role offers Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of the CeMAP qualification. Salary £44k + £6k Car Allowance- £65k OTE Yr 1.