The main responsibilities will be to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all relevant balance sheet accounts including reconciliation to, and integrity of, supporting documentation and controlling the reconciliation, reporting and administration for all financial issues relating to accounting.
The client is a large, instantly recognisable organisation based in Chichester.
A main part of the role will be to support the Financial Accounting Manager in meeting financial reporting deadlines and enhancing the quality and efficiency of relevant financial data, such as month end planning and administration. You will also assist the Financial Accounting Manager by ensuring that reporting to our US parent is complete according to agreed timetables as well as ensuring compliance controls and processes within all areas of responsibility.
- Finalist, Part Qualified, or QBE accountant is essential; exposure of US GAAP or IFRS would be advantageous;
- Previous experience in Financial/Management accounts preparation in busy team is essential;
- Experience in SAP would be desirable;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Some experience with ERP would be advantageous;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to communicate effectively through a variety of mediums (electronic, phone, face to face, body language);
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft office package (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint etc.);
- Previous management experience would be desirable;
- Experience of JD Edwards Accounting system is desirable ;
- Ability to multi task, prioritise and manage own time with minimal guidance is essential;
- Ability to use technology to communicate efficiently and effectively;
£30,000 to £40,000 + additional benefits.