Graduate Trainee Accountant - Full ACA Study Package
An independent firm of Chartered Accountants, acting for almost 800 clients ranging from high net worth individuals to large corporations, is now looking to appoint a recent or soon to be graduate, with a desire to work in accountancy whilst enjoying full sponsorship (day release with a highly reputable training provider) towards a formal accountancy qualification (ACA). Based in Camberley, this is an exciting and rare opportunity offering progression through the firm to become a qualified accountant.
This GraduateTrainee Accountant role would suit a recent or soon to be graduate, or potentially a graduate with 1 - 2 years’ work experience now looking to move into a career in accountancy.
The Graduate Trainee Accountant role will include exposure to all aspects of general practice accountancy as follows:
- Preparation of accounts - sole trader, partnership and small limited companies accounts - preparation of various working papers, maintenance of client files and reporting to seniors at agreed stage of completion
- Bookkeeping - maintenance of client records on a range of accounting packages, including sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations
- VAT - review / preparation of client quarterly VAT Returns
- Personal Taxation - assistance with and completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns including Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax work
- Corporation Taxation - assistance with and completion of CT Returns
- Audits - assisting seniors / managers with site / office based work
- Client correspondence - both written and oral
- General administration - filing etc. relating to the office and clients
- Degree education -ideally in a numerical discipline (2:1 or higher)
- Excellent grasp of Maths and English - with A Level Maths desirable
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and personal presentation - there will a degree of client contact and it is important that candidates are confident in communicating both verbally and in writing
- Analytical and enquiring mind
- Highly attentive to detail
- Experienced IT user, experience with MS Office essential, Pegasus and Sage beneficial
- annual salary between £20,000-£23,000 (negotiable)
- Full sponsorship and day release through to completion of ACA qualification
- 23 days leave (increasing by one day per year with each year of service to a maximum 25) + 8 Bank & statutory holidays
- Pension (employee and employer contributions) and Life Assurance
- Core hours 9am to 5.15pm, one hour lunch daily
The Graduate Trainee Accountant will have standard working hours - Monday to Friday, with sponsorship and day release (paid) to attend ACA training in Reading. This is a 3-year contract to be reviewed upon the successful completion of the ACA qualification.